Typos may be present... because it's Neil....
It turns out that the blinking curser on my computer screen is cursed. A cursed curser. It taunts me. “Write faster, Neil,” it whispers. “Write anything, Neil,” it scratches.
Jeez. I really must be nuts. Pissed at a curser. . .
Okay, took a break and I’m feeling better. Went for a walk and ended up at the chow hall. Like Doc Higgins suggested, I’m observing. Trying quiet my mind and observing.
So, I observed.
This would probably be really stupid to anyone but me, but I’m calling this a study of human nature. A deep dive into the human psyche.
I watched Top (that’s MSgt Willie Trent, Dear Diary) eat lunch.
Yeah. Thrilling, right?
Well, Dear Diary, it was. I sipped Mt. Dew Zero as I watched.
Here’s a list of everything my giant gladiator friend consumed all while regaling some new employees with his unending stories:
- 5 eggs, overeasy
- three scoops of sweet potato/corned beef hash (this alone would fill a normal human’s plate)
- two bananas
- one glass of milk
- one glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice
- two banana nut muffins with butter
- one ribeye, done medium rare
- one cup of coffee, black
- one cup of green tea, extra matcha
- one small bowl of oatmeal, with raisins and granola sprinkled on top
- one apple
There you go, my observation for the day. Not bad. Interesting, at least to me.
Who to watch next?
Your observational scribe,